The Samuel Bryan House was built in 1885 and designed by architect, W. Bruce Gray. Samuel Bryan worked in various capacities, starting at age 15 when he served as a drummer boy in the Union Army during the Civil War. From there, he went on to work at…

Built in 1881-1882 and designed by architect John Fraser, this house was the residence of James G. Blaine until 1883. Blaine served as Secretary of State under Presidents Garfield and Harrison and later became the first President of the Pan-American…

The Perry Belmont House is an ornate two and one-half story, stone mansion built in 1909 in the Beaux-Arts style and is one of the city's most grandiose houses. It is a focal point of the New Hampshire Avenue axis leading to Dupont Circle and…

The Walsh-McLean House is an eclectic mansion with Renaissance, Baroque, Louis XVI and Art Nouveau elements and designed by Danish-born and New York architect Henry Anderson in 1903. The house is one of many magnificent mansions constructed in the…

Built for Thomas F. Walsh, "the gold king," the stable was an adjunct to the Walsh Mansion at 2020 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W. Walsh (1851- 1910) immigrated to the United States from Ireland and participated in the Colorado gold rush which followed…

Wadsworth House is a Grand Adamesque mansion, one of only two remaining on Dupont Circle. Built in 1900-1901, the house was the winter residence of millionaire gentleman farmer Herbert Wadsworth (1851-1927) from western New York, and his accomplished…

The Spencer Carriage House and Stable was constructed in 1905 to serve as a carriage house, stable and servants' quarters for the residence of railroad executive Samuel Spencer. The building is a free-standing, two-story brick structure measuring 35'…

The Washington Club (Patterson House) at 15 Dupont Circle is located on the northeastern sector of Dupont Circle at the intersection of Dupont Circle and P Street NW. The design relates well to the site by embracing the circle with its two projecting…

The Thomas Nelson Page House (1896) was designed by Stanford White of McKim, Mead and White in an early Georgian Revival style. It occupies a prominent corner on New Hampshire Avenue, three blocks northeast of the intersection of that avenue with…