Located just north of McPherson Square in what was historically considered the northern limit of the city’s financial district, the Denrike Building is composed of the traditional early 20th century three-part commercial block of base, middle and…

The Commercial National Bank, designed by noted Washington architect Waddy B. Wood in 1917, is an excellent, early example of the simplified and stylized classicism that distinguishes some of Washington's most noteworthy early 20th century buildings.…

The B.F. Saul Building, constructed in 1924 at 925 15th Street NW, is a five-story, Classical Revival style building designed by notable local architect George N. Ray for the B.F. Saul Company, a major local real estate firm as a combination…

The highly visible Southern Railway Building was designed by Waddy B. Wood and constructed as the executive headquarters for the Southern Railway Company, which was, in the early twentieth century, one of the country’s most successful railroad…

The Peyser Building/Security Savings and Commercial Bank building is a five-story office/bank building constructed in 1928-1929 on the south side of K Street in the block immediately west of McPherson Square. Designed by notable local architect…