It was one of the few buildings spared during urban renewal clearance in southwest in the late 1950's and early 1960's. At that time the houses attached to the east and west sides of the Lewis House were demolished. Today the early nineteenth century…

The Terminal Refrigerating & Warehousing Company building (“Terminal Building”) is a monumental, Neo-Classical Revival-style building located at Fourth and D Streets and Virginia Avenue, S.W. It is an eight-story building constructed with a…

Channel Square is also one of the very few apartment buildings in DC by noted architect, Harry Weese. Though he was trained under and appreciated the Modernist approach, Weese is often considered one of the first postmodern architects, which can be…

It was the first and largest residential complex in the Southwest area and fashioned as a model planning project whose innovative combination of high-rise and low-rise buildings, arranged around a network of landscaped courts and walkways,…

The Duncanson-Cranch House at 468-470 N Street, S.W., was constructed about 1794. It has vernacular characteristics typical of early Washington domestic architecture. Noteworthy characteristics include the second story recessed arches of the main…