The Gage School was designed by architect, Lemuel W. Norris and constructed in 1904-1905. The 1908 addition, designed by Municipal Architect Snowden Ashford, is complementary in its design to the original high-style Colonial Revival building. The school was attended by students in the neighborhoods of LeDroit Park, Bloomingdale, and Eckington and served as an important community meeting and recreation venue.
DC designation: October 26, 2004
National Register listing: November 19, 2008