Hattie M. Strong Hall was constructed in 1934 using plans by architects Waldron Faulkner and Alexander B. Trowbridge. Strong Hall reflects the Georgian Revival style of a 1922 campus plan by architect Albert Harris. It is a distinctive example of collegiate residential architecture, blending modernist geometrical massing with traditional style.
Strong Hall was the first women's dormitory on campus and built with funds donated by Hattie M. Strong, a philanthropist and university benefactor. The building is seven stories, brick with a limestone entrance portal and trim. The skyline of brick pergolas flanking a central pavilion is one of the most prominent campus features.
DC designation: November 18, 1987
National Register listing: April 12, 1991