This house was designed by its original owner and erected in 1909-10 by the builder A.C. Warthen. Though located in the center of Tenleytown, its architecture, an excellent intact example of a transitional Queen Anne/American foursquare, is more typical of the early suburban houses in nearby AU Park. The building relates to the Multiple Property Document, Tenleytown in Washington, DC: Architectural and Historic Resources, 1791-1941.
DC Inventory: March 24, 2011
National Register: June 23, 2011