Designed by renowned Washington architect George T. Santmyers in 1939, the complex is comprised of two three-story brick and cinder block buildings that occupy the entirety of a site on the west side of 13th Place, stretching from Fort Stevens Road to the north to Peabody Street to the south. Fort View Apartments is a pair of conventional low-rise form apartment buildings built 1938-1939. The buildings are designed in the architectural vocabulary from the Modern Movement, incorporating both Art Deco and Moderne stylistic components.
DC Inventory: November 19, 2009
National Register: January 21, 2010