One of the elite residential landmarks of the suburban Forest Hills neighborhood, this 1939 mansion designed by the prominent architectural firm of Porter and Lockie was built as the home of Edgar Morris, an appliance company owner and civic leader. Its "Jacobethan" architecture and small estate settling drew upon medieval English tradition.
Nominated by the D.C. Preservation League
Built 1939; Porter and Lockie, architects
DC Inventory: May 27, 2010
National Register: March 14, 2011