Built in 1881-1882 and designed by architect John Fraser, this house was the residence of James G. Blaine until 1883. Blaine served as Secretary of State under Presidents Garfield and Harrison and later became the first President of the Pan-American Congress. It's the only surviving example of large mansions built during the late 1800s that once ringed Dupont Circle. The other notable owner of the building is George Westinghouse who bought the home in 1901 and resided there until his death in 1914.
DC designation: November 8, 1964
Contributing property to the Dupont Circle Historic District and Massachusetts Avenue Historic District.