Built in 1870, Chapel Hall was once the main hub of Gallaudet University, serving as a chapel, auditorium, exhibit center, and dining hall. The landscape architecture firm, Olmsted, Vaux & Co. made the plan for the school’s grounds in 1866,…

The President's House, erected between 1867 and 1868 and designed by F.C. Withers, is separated from a row of three High Victorian Gothic Revival Professors' Houses by a circular drive and from the academic and administrative buildings of Gallaudet…

Gallaudet University, founded in 1864 as the National Deaf-Mute College, has been since its inception the only institution of higher learning in the United States devoted specifically to the education of the deaf. Significant periods of construction…