Finding Asian American History: The Chinese Lantern Restaurant
The Chinese Lantern restaurant was opened near Union Station in 1928 by Sam J. Chan. Originally located at 7 F Street, the restaurant moved across F Street to 14 F Street NW around 1946. During the mid-1900s, the Chinese Lantern was often frequented by Korean expats and embassy staff and it became a place of gathering for the Korean Students Association.
This site is a part of the Finding Asian American History in Washington DC digital tour.