Memorial Continental Hall is the monumental headquarters of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, founded in 1890 for patriotic, historic, and educational purposes and incorporated by Congress in 1895. Built between 1904 and 1910 based on architect Edward Pearce Casey's design, the Georgian Revival-style building illustrates the McMillan Commission Plan ideal of monumental institutional buildings framing parks. Notably, it was the site of the Washington Arms Limitation Conference of 1921‑1922, one of the most significant international attempts to reduce global tension through disarmament and mutual pledges of arbitration. It is also the meeting place for annual DAR conferences.
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964 (Joint Committee on Landmarks)
National Register and National Historic Landmark: November 28, 1972