The Woodrow Wilson House is a three-story red brick building, originally built for Henry Parker Fairbanks by architect Waddy B. Wood in 1915. Located in the Embassy Row section of Northwest Washington, the house was designed in the Georgian Revival style, which was popular in that neighborhood.
In the final months of Woodrow Wilson's second term as president, he purchased the house for his wife, Edith Bolling Wilson, and they moved in on March 4, 1921, the day of the inauguration of his successor, Warren G. Harding. Wilson died in the house on February 3, 1924, and Edith continued living there until her own death in 1961, at which point she bequeathed the house and its original furnishings to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, who continue to operate the site as a historic house museum.
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964 (Joint Committee on Landmarks)
National Register: October 15 1966
National Historic Landmark: July 19, 1964
Within the Sheridan-Kalorama Historic District