The property was vacant until 1908, when Martha S. Tucker built her house at 2320 S Street, designed by Wood, Donn and Deming. The firm, founded in 1902, designed a number of important Washington buildings, including the Masonic Temple (1908) and the Union Trust Building (1907). From 1910 to 1916, the house at 2320 S Street was owned and occupied by the Samuel Hills.
Between 1912 and 1913, George Hewitt Myers built his home at 2310 S Street, using designs by John Russell Pope, one of the United States' most distinguished architects. The Myers House is a product of Pope's early career, when he was designing a number of refined country and townhouses, but Pope is best known for his later, more monumental structures, such as the National Archives Building, the National Gallery of Art, and the Jefferson Memorial.
The two houses, which once housed the Textile Museum, are elaborate Colonial Revival designs. They illustrate the popularity of the Colonial Revival style in the early-20th century and are symptomatic of that age's desire for architectural order and symmetry.
The Textile Museum closed its Kalorama location in 2013, and relocated to The George Washington University campus in 2015. The Tucker and Myers houses are once again private residences.
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964 (Joint Committee on Landmarks)
National Register: August 14, 1973