This apartment building was one of a number of collaborations between architect Harvey Warwick (1893-1972) and developer Morris Cafritz (1888-1964). Originally named Hilltop Manor at the time of its opening in 1927, the apartments were renamed Cavalier Apartments in 1929. It was among the earliest cooperative apartments in the DC. Cooperative apartments were a housing phenomenon that arose to popularity in DC in the 1920s, promising to give more control to resident owners and afford a high level of services by spreading costs among them. Following historic renovation, the building today offers affordable apartment living.
DC Inventory: June 28, 2007
National Register: July 26, 2007