The Embassy of Iraq's consular office (also known as the Boardman House) located at 1801 P Street, NW in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Designed by Hornblower & Marshall in 1893, the building is an example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture. William J. Boardman and his family were the first occupants. Boardman's daughter, Mabel, led the American Red Cross in the early 20th century and continued to live in the home until her death in 1946. Since 1962 (except when diplomatic ties were severed from 1991–2003), the building has served as the diplomatic mission of Iraq.
Hornblower & Marshall, architect
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964
within Dupont Circle HD