Originally, the building now known as the Warder-Totten House was commissioned by Benjamin Warder in 1885 and designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style by the firm of Henry Hobson Richardson. It stood at 1509 K Street, NW until 1923, when it…

The Old Post Office, designed in the traditional Romanesque architecture of H.H. Richardson,  is one of Washington's few significant Romanesque Revival buildings on a monumental scale. It was the first Federal building erected on Pennsylvania Avenue…