Built in 1897-1898 by architect and builder J.H McIntyre, the Myrene addressed housing needs of the growing middle class in Washington, DC. It employed the traditional exterior form of a single-family rowhouse, and therefore concealed its multi-family function. The Myrene is a tangible reminder of the earliest efforts to provide sufficient housing for the expanding middle class with minimal compromise of contemporary social values. The building features an eclectic late Romanesque Revival facade.
DC designation: January 17, 1990
National Register listing: September 9, 1994