1644-1666 Park Road, built in 1906, consists of twelve red brick, three-story, semi-detached Colonial Revival row houses facing north. The six duplex buildings, which are divided vertically, rest on raised basements and are topped with mansard roofs punctuated by dormers. Like many other residences in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood, a one-story wooden porch supported by Doric columns extends across the front of each building.
This block exemplifies the speculative rowhouse development characteristic of Mount Pleasant neighborhood during the period of their construction, as well as providing an excellent example of residential design by noted local architect Appleton P. Clark, Jr.
DC Inventory: March 21, 1984
National Register: November 6, 1986
Within Mount Pleasant Historic District