The monument to pioneer Methodist bishop Francis Asbury (1745-1810) was erected on a small triangular reservation in 1924. The bronze figure on its granite pedestal depicts Asbury astride a pausing horse. Asbury was the first superintendent of the…

The north side of the 1800 block of Park Road, NW features a distinguished group of ten large turn-of-the-century suburban residences, impressively sited on terraces above a curving cross-town artery. Together, the houses offer an exceptional…

1644-1666 Park Road, built in 1906, consists of twelve red brick, three-story, semi-detached Colonial Revival row houses facing north. The six duplex buildings, which are divided vertically, rest on raised basements and are topped with mansard roofs…

The Mount Pleasant Historic District is a cohesive residential district illustrating the growth and development of one of Washington, DC's first suburbs. Its significance lies in the period integrity and visual character of its architecture, its…

The Art Deco monument to Guglielmo Marconi (1874-1937), known as the inventor of long-distance radio transmission, was donated by public subscription and erected in 1941. The gilded bronze bust of Marconi is set on a pedestal in front of a granite…

The Stoddard Baptist Home, known historically as Ingleside, is a skillful example of the Italian Villa style of residential architectgure. Built in the early 1850s, Ingleside has had a distinguished architect and ownership history. Throughout its…