The John Walker House contributes significantly to the cultural heritage and visual beauty of the District of Columbia. The house has long been known as the Gannt-Williams House and its date of construction thought to be circa 1805, but research in the Georgetown deed and assessment records shows that the house was not built until 1816-1817 when it was the property of Isaac Owens. The house represents a typical Federal style townhouse found in Georgetown in the early nineteenth century. It retains the scale, proportion and simplicity of its nineteenth century facade as do other houses on this 2800 block of N Street. In the twentieth century, the talker house has been the home of Washington newspaper columnist Drew Pearson and John Walker, former director of the National Gallery of Art.
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964
National Register: June 19, 1973