The building was one of a number of collaborations between architect Harvey H. Warwick and developer Morris Cafritz.
Later named Cavalier Apartments in 1929, it was among the earliest cooperative apartments in the District of Columbia. Cooperative apartments were a housing phenomenon that arose in D.C. in the 1920s, promising to give more control to resident owners and afford a high level of services by spreading costs among them.
DC Inventory: June 28, 2007
National Register listing: July 26, 2007