The Bulletin Building

The Bulletin Building may be one of the best and most recognizable symbols of the printing and publishing trades, once so important to DC's economy and function.

Designed by architects Rodier and Kundzin, the Bulletin Building was erected in 1928 to house the offices and printing operation of the United Publishing Company. The Bulletin Building is significant as one of the city’s better examples of industrial architecture, with its four Art Deco bas relief limestone panels depicting the trade of the company within, which instantly tie the physical fabric of the building to its 60-year history as a print shop.

DC Inventory: September 28, 2006
National Register: November 12, 2008



717 6th Street, NW