The Old North Building is the oldest remaining academic building on the Georgetown University campus, built between 1794 and 1797. An 1829 Prospectus shows the North and South Buildings as the heart of Georgetown’s campus. The College appears to have had only two buildings, but the steps to the North Building acted as a place for famous visitors to speak, including the nation’s first president, George Washington.
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964 (Joint Committee on Landmarks)
Within Georgetown Historic District