The Milton Hall Apartment Building is one of three brick, Art Deco-style former apartment buildings that are now owned and operated by The George Washington University as residence halls. Constructed in 1938, Milton Hall is significant as an example…

The Arts Club of Washington property, encompassing the Caldwell-Monroe House and the General Robert MacFeely house, is of social, architectural and local institutional significance. Each property has been associated with distinguished figures in…

Foggy Bottom's historic Ulysses S. Grant School is a three-story red brick public school building constructed in 1882. The robust Victorian-era building was originally named the Analostan School, in recognition of the Native Americans who once…

Engine Company No. 23 is a modest, two-story red brick firehouse in an Arts and Crafts interpretation of an Italian Renaissance Revival style. Designed by prominent architects Hornblower & Marshall and architect Snowden Ashford (1866-1927), the…

The George Washington University/Old West End Historic District is located in the present-day neighborhood of Foggy Bottom in northwest Washington, DC and encompasses the historic core of The George Washington University, as well as other buildings…

The Munson Hall Apartment Building, constructed in 1937, is significant as an example of an apartment building constructed in response to rapid population growth in Washington, DC. during the interwar period. Munson Hall was the first in a cluster…

Designed and built by John J. Earley in 1907, this building is one of two artists’ workspaces on the block, the other being the adjacent Augustus Bussard House and Studio (1916) at 2129 G Street, NW. The Earley Office and Studio is located mid-block…