A Korean Legation was organized in DC in the 1880s after Korea and the US established diplomatic relations. Originally located on O Street NW, the Legation was based in this Logan Circle building from 1889 until Japan annexed Korea in 1910. Today, it is the only extant building representing the city's 19th century foreign legations. The Overseas Korean Cultural Heritage Foundation restored the building and opened it to the public as a museum in 2018.
This site is a part of the Finding Asian American History in Washington DC digital tour.