In addition, the building is also significant for its association with the Evening Star Newspaper Company, which occupied the Evening Star Building from 1900-1959; and for its association with Theodore V. Noyes, Editor of the paper from 1908-1946, and Frank B. Noyes, President of the paper from 1909-1948. The Noyes brothers, co-owners of the paper, are considered to have been the team that lead The Star through its greatest period of growth.
Addition to the building was added in 1918 but then was demolished in 1988. A new addition and other renovations were added 1988-1989.
DC listing: November 8, 1964
Within Pennsylvania Avenue NHS