It is a significant work of noted and socially prominent Washington architect Jules Henri de Sibour and it illustrates the influence of the McMillan Commission Plan on the business district. The building was built 1910-1911 and then was altered and renovated 1988-1989. It served as the home of a family-run bank founded in 1887 as a real estate investment partnership that was associated with local community development.
Nine stories high, this corner site building has richly ornamented facades of marble and glazed terra cotta with textured spandrels, a Greek Doric entrance, and an exuberant cornice. The banking hall remains today.
DC designation: September 11, 1985
National Register listing: November 6, 1986