This interactive map shows the buildings designed by the five architects featured in Part Three of the DC Architects To Know Series, which can be found on the DC Preservation League website. These buildings are historically-designated and are on the DC Inventory of Historic Sites and/or the National Register of Historic Places.
Adolf Cluss (1825 - 1905): Smithsonian Castle (reconstruction), Franklin School, Old Masonic Temple, Sumner School, Eastern Market, Old Patent Office (reconstruction and remodeling), Arts and Industries Building
— Cluss' designs for the Franklin and Wallach schools won awards at international expositions and the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exposition.
Jules Henri de Sibour (1872 - 1938): McCormick Apartments, Hamilton Hotel, Riggs Building (Keith-Albee Building), Clarence Moore Residence, McLachlen Building, Hibbs (Folger) Building (with Bruce Price)
— De Sibour trained in architecture in both the United States and France before settling in DC.
Arthur B. Heaton (1875 - 1951): Washington Railway and Electric Company (WRECO) Garage, Equitable Cooperative Building (with Frederic B. Pyle), Babcock-Macomb House, Chevy Chase Savings Bank, The Augusta, Corcoran Hall, Stockton Hall, Administration Building at the National Geographic Society Headquarters, National Geographic Society Warehouse, Washington Loan & Trust Company (addition)
— Heaton was greatly inspired by historic cathedral architecture throughout Europe.
Hilyard Robinson (1899 - 1986): Langston Terrace Dwellings, Ralph Bunche House
— Robinson designed the first government-funded housing complex, Langston Terrace, in DC (second in the US).
B. Stanley Simmons (1872 - 1931): The Oswego and The Exeter, National Metropolitan Bank, The Wyoming, Barr Building, Davidson Building
— Simmons was passionate about automobiles and designed the first purpose-built automobile showrooms in DC.