The monument to pioneer Methodist bishop Francis Asbury (1745-1810) was erected on a small triangular reservation in 1924. The bronze figure on its granite pedestal depicts Asbury astride a pausing horse. Asbury was the first superintendent of the Methodist Church in America and spent his ministry traveling throughout the country, ordaining thousands of clergymen.
DC Inventory: February 22, 2007
National Register: October 11, 2007
Within Mount Pleasant Historic District