The Haw House was built in 1816-1817, and, like its next door neighbor at 2806, it reflects the typical Georgetown style of building. The house is 2-1/2 stories high with a raised basement. At the east end of the front facade is the entrance door which is approached by brick arches. The entrance door is distinguished by a semi-circular fanlight and is accented by a white wooden arch with keystone, painted to represent stone.
The most striking feature of the beautifully maintained interior is the arched entrance hall with its fanlight enclosed in glass and supported by molded square piers. The design of the fanlight of the arch matches the design of the fanlight over the entrance door. The mantle .of the first floor drawing room is of finely detailed classical decoration of gesso supported by molded architraves on pilasters. The interior scale and beauty has not been destroyed by any subsequent alterations. The house is very similar to the Walker house, located next door at 2806 N Street, which was built about the same time. The scale and proportion, the arrangement of the front facade, are all similar. The only major difference is that the lintels and door arch of the Haw House are wooden while those of the Walker house are of stone.
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964,
National Register: July 16, 1973
within Georgetown HD