The Art Deco monument to Guglielmo Marconi (1874-1937), the inventor of the radio, was donated by public subscription and erected in 1941. The gilded bronze bust of Marconi is set on a pedestal in front of a granite shaft that supports an allegorical female figure of the Wave soaring above a globe and clouds. The monument is the work of Italian-American sculptor Attilio Piccirilli and architect Joseph Freedlander.
DC designation: February 22, 2007
National Register listing: October 12, 2007