The Woodrow Wilson House is a three-story red brick building originally built for Henry Parker Fairbanks by architect Waddy B. Wood in 1915. Located in the Embassy Row section of Northwest Washington, the house was designed in a Georgian Rivival style popular in that neighborhood.
The Wilson's built a brick garage on the west, with a porch above it, and put iron gates at the entrance to the drive (west of the house). They installed an elevator and a billiard room, rearranged some interior partitions and built stacks for Mr. Wilson's library of 8,000 volumes (later given to the Library of Congress). Mrs. Wilson, who survived her husband and continued to live in this house for nearly 40 years, donated the property to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and the house is relatively unchanged since Woodrow Wilson resided there. It had original furnishings and items personally owned by the Wilson Family.
National Historic Landmark Listing: July 19, 1964
National Register Listing: October 15 1966
DC Inventory: November 8, 1964
Located with in the Sheridan-Kalorama Historic District